President Trump promised in 2016 to make America great again and to protect all Americans from the dangerous terrorists and freedom haters both domestic and abroad. Ever since day one, he has lived up to the promise. And now, at the end of his first term, he is still protecting the United States from the threats flowing from China. The constant danger of indoctrination and lies coming from the east is enough to warrant a lockdown of the TikTok and WeChat apps.
Chinese companies own these two apps. And for national security reasons, they are being banned in the country. What is known is that the Chinese are using these platforms to gain access to the personal information of American citizens. This is information that they can use to hurt them. By the end of the year, the ban will be enforced.
The Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross, stated that “At the President’s direction, we have taken significant action to combat China’s malicious collection of American citizens’ personal data while promoting our national values, democratic rules-based norms, and aggressive enforcement of U.S. laws and regulations.”
This is where China loving liberals begin to cry and complain about not wasting their time on these apps. Their narrow mindset will be their undoing. This move by the White House is based on protecting the country from people in China seeking to harm people.
This decision does not come at an easy price.
Several American based companies have sought to purchase parts of TikTok after they were restructured. Companies such as Oracle, Walmart, and Microsoft have their economic eye on the company. This is a significant order as the president seeks to protect people.
The executive order started earlier in the summer as WeChat transactions were banned. Their reluctance to keep people from using their app to hack people puts The United States in a position to ban WeChat.
TikTok was told that they had 45 days to sell off their American based operations or face a nationwide ban of the app. With the United States controlling that aspect of the app, there would not be any chance of China being able to spy on people.
Major U.S. companies are concerned about the order. But it really is for their own good protection. TikTok has taken the order to court because they do not think that it is fair that the president can protect Americans from the Chinese.
The president knows the economic impact that this order will have on specific companies. But he is not willing to trade the security of the country for a few dollars. WeChat will essentially lose its ability to operate its platform in the United States. But that is the price of allowing the Chinese to use the apps to spy on people.
It is good news for those affected by the China apps that are ripping them off. TikTok will no longer have updates allowed or any kind of maintenance help offered. It is a platform that will soon stop working. The goal is to remove these harmful elements from American culture.
Ross went on to state that “The basic TikTok will stay intact until Nov. 12. If there’s not a deal by Nov. 12 under the provisions of the old order, then TikTok would also be, for all practical purposes, shut down.”
The platforms store personal data and chat records of the people that use the apps. TikTok says that they would never give that data to the Chinese, but all they would have to do is hack the system to get at it. The information that they collect is based on their usage and history. There is nothing left that is private any longer.
China works hard at recruiting potential spies to steal information for the communist leaders. They use people and then discard them once they are caught or get what they want from them. President Trump protects all Americans, whether they like it or not. There is intel that he has that shows these apps are a danger to the United States. So he must ban them from the country to keep people safe.